The people have indeed spoken! I'm glad that the belief of us being a democratic country ONLY ON PAPER has finally been proven wrong. What we stayed up to watch last night was, without a doubt, DEMOCRACY (or at least up to a certain extent). The results of the elections say it all : citizens feel that Malaysia needs a major makeover! 5 states going to the opposition (including my own Perak, which has been stagnant in every aspect since FOREVER), BN being denied a 2/3rd majority, big guns (particularly a certain someone with a wig and the face of a clown) having to hang their heads lowly while they pack their bags... people! Although there is still much work to be done, we are definitely moving towards a better future.
I hope that the opposition will be responsible to the people and fulfill their promises on their manifesto. We have put our trust in them and if they betray our trust, who else are we supposed to turn to? There will be nothing left for us in this place.
Staying up last night discussing the outcome of the elections with family and friends made me realize how much I love my country. It's really shitty, yes, but there is still hope! We shouldn't give up on it!
BN had better find a way to improve after suffering multiple slaps in their faces. This is a big wake up call. In a way I'm quite glad that they still retained their power as federal government because I don't think Malaysia is ready for a 180° change under the opposition just yet. Plus I can't imagine all the riots and racial tension that will ensue should the federal government be toppled over! We need to advance a step at a time... and I'm sure all of us are ecstatic to see that we have begun the transition as of today.
Thank you people of Malaysia! You have given each and every one of us a light of hope. Let's continue praying for peace and that those elected will carry out their duties responsibly!
(I think many of us have grown more mature over the years... I never thought I'd care so much about Malaysia. Never thought many of my friends would care as well (like HER. warning : only read that post if you're open to sarcasm. hahaha.). Haha. But turns out most of us do and it's amazing!)