
The camp was held at the Port Dickson Methodist Center
To be honest, I was really really REALLY dreading it. In fact I found it difficult to even make the decision to go. No reason why. I guess being the lazy me, I was more keen on wasting my weekend doing nothing than to devote it to God. Well in the end I went... and I came out of it wonderfully happy. I would have hated myself should I not have gone.

Part of M206!
So what did I get out of this camp? Many many things!!
Firstly it was the mixing-around with people from various batches and courses. I even got to know my own batchmates a little more. Of the 4 semesters I've been in IMU, I've not known a single Nursing student, and during camp I got to know 2 of them! Then my "mortal" (of the Angel & Mortal game) was a Pharmacy student... so... another friend to add to my circle =)

The camp sessions (i.e. sermons) were given by Sister Annette who's just an amazing speaker. She's so funny (and at times very lame but in a very funny way - I liked her "ballet" joke a lot for some reason), and I felt that she was very liberal in a sense that she was able to make everyone, both Christians and non-Christians, relate to the topics without touching too much on religion. I mean, there was just no way one could find fault in whatever she said. More details about her sessions can be found on our Bible Study blog, because Teong Rhen was patient enough to take down notes and transfer them to the blog. =P

Games were very good and well-planned. The ice-breaker game, Rendezvous, was really fun! But Ghi Waie and I had to cheat 'cause we were kiasu =( I admit to being a bit skeptical about the Virus game - I didn't think it would work out because it just seemed really complicated... but everything went smoothly and I'd say it was one of the best games I've ever played. It was the time I bonded most with my group members, sprained my right gluteal muscles (in other words, my right ASS), ran till I couldn't catch my breath (which just further proved that I am unfit)... it was the best time!

Edwina the VIRUS! SO SO SO SO CUTE OK.
Morning devotions were alright. I couldn't quite relate to both the topics but I guess I was glad to be able to share and listen to my group members as well as pray together.
I loved all worship sessions, especially the ones led by Wei Lin and Amanda Albert. But one of the most important take-home messages I got from this camp is to really understand and look into the lyrics of each song rather than to be superficially awed by the tunes. That really opened my eyes to what I've actually been doing - always feeling so connected to the song, not because I really bothered about what we were singing about, but because the tunes just gave this sense of emotion. I'd feel so high in spirit but when praise & worship is over, my spirit dies down and I'm back to square one, feeling nothing. It was good that Annette knocked some sense into our heads, telling us to know what we're really singing about instead of always being caught up in the moment.

I learnt so much from this camp. Dwelled on my personal issues even deeper. Connected with myself. Reminded about how to really connect with my family. Learnt to further connect with God. I also realized that we are all connected to one other whether we like it or not. On the last day after the final session... I went up to be prayed for, and the person who prayed for me was Daniel. In fact I was the first person he prayed for that morning. We didn't know each other at that time. When he looked at my name tag he sort of grinned a little. Then later I found out that he was my Angel. Hehe. Coincidence? I don't think so.

What is your Ebenezer?
Having said all that, you know what was the best thing for me? The most wonderful feeling I got from camp? It was actually to see God moving so quickly through IMU. There were many non-Christians who attended the camp for the same reason : they wanted to get to know Christ. Among them were some of my batchmates. At the altar call on Saturday night, I saw many familiar faces up there... and I felt my heart skip a beat. That was the best thing I got from camp.
=)

Pris! I loved the sharing wayyyyyyyyy after lights were out ;)

Swee Leen's face + Kwan's eyes!





=)
pics from Wei Lin, Sara, Kwan and Ailing