Our local papers are so stupid that all they publish are articles to ass-lick the government or articles about the frivolous topics they debate about in parliament or the most trivial of matters like the idiot who is taking a fourth wife and plans to have 40 children. Turn to the Singapore page and what do you get? Nothing but bad news to put down the country, like so-and-so raping his daughter or so-and-so getting charged for drug trafficking. I don't remember coming across any positive news whatsoever about Singapore.
Let's talk about the man taking a fourth wife issue. Wait, WHAT ISSUE? It's not even an issue worth highlighting. If anything it should be something to shelter from the world because it's just freaking embarrassing. A disgrace to mankind I may add. Then he goes on saying that he wants 40 kids. Like what the fuck for? He already has 25! A few more and he'll have more than the number of animals at our national zoo.
"When the 54-year-old recently expressed his wish to marry his newfound sweetheart, a woman 30 years his junior, his wives not only agreed to the marriage scheduled for the end of this month, they also agreed to let their husband spend more time with his new bride."...
"He also shared some tips with the media on how to be sexually active even at an advanced age. Among the techniques he employed was to bathe in the morning by pouring a pail of water on the right leg first before washing other parts of the body."
HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. This is so absurd that it's hilarious.
I know the whole thing is probably none of our business but what I'm curious about is why this is in the newspapers in the first place. WHY?
Few days ago this was on the 3rd page of the Nation section. Today it's on the 12th page, but they still make it seem like it's such good news that the whole country should jump around and celebrate. Seriously, is this something to be proud of?
I used to love reading the papers until I realized most of the articles have a common theme: TRASH. Now reading the papers is more like a habit I cannot give up, or more like an excuse to not study.
I hate Malaysian media. Grr.