Monday, 21 April 2008

The IMU "Ball" 2008

Saturday was our Ball. To call it a Ball, though, would be wrong, because technically it was just 4 hours of non-stop picture-taking, blinding of eyes, non-existent performances and terrible food.

My day started at 4PM. Did the makeup and hair with Yilin at Pavilion, at Shu Uemura and Esprit Salon respectively. Michelle & Tracy had their makeup done at Shu Uemura too =) As of Saturday, I am now a big fan of their products.

The reason we chose to get ready at Pavilion was that it's less than 10 minutes away from where the "Ball" was held (Parkroyal, which, by the way, SUCKS BIG TIME). See? Such efficient planning.

The pre-prom went well. Everything was according to plan. We even, surprisingly, got ready on schedule! We excitedly hopped into the car, eager to get to our "Ball" WHEN!!!!!!!! WE GOT CAUGHT IN A TRAFFIC JAM! Which at first we thought was fine because it's Bukit Bintang after all - it's almost always jammed. But this traffic jam turned out to be the worst we've ever come across! I swear, our blood was boiling! Sweat trickled down our faces, ruining our expensive makeup! Tempers were flying all over!





See our lovely makeup before the "Ball"?!


Anyway to cut it short, we successfully (though uber slowly) made our way through traffic and eventually arrived at the "Ball", 2 hours late. Yes, people, we were stuck in traffic for more than 2 hours. From Pavilion to Parkroyal. I could've gone home to Ipoh in that time frame OK? Never been so geram before. Argh.

Reached the hotel, jumped out of the car, TR literally threw his keys at the jockey for valet parking (LOL), and went straight to the Ballroom. Thank goodness we didn't miss anything much. Plus there were others who were late as well thanks to the stupid jam.

Well I'll stop blabbering here. I know there are currently about 20 albums of the "Ball" by various people on Facebook (and tonnes more to come I'm sure), but it would be so unlike me if I didn't include some of my favourites on my blog =) So. Here goes!


(picture-heavy, so please be patient)

My date =D


Pei Shern love


Ho Wai. Ignore the look =/


Red. Evil twin. World's biggest poser (and proud of it). Look at all that smugness on his face.


Mervin who says I am fat. Whatever.

(I know lah you're telling the truth but humour me a bit cannot is it?!)


My favourite twins! Gorgeous!!!


Adrian!


Half of the gang. Michelle Lim! Faster upload your pics! I want the ones with you & me and Tracy & me! And the whole gang punya pic if you're the one having it.


Malini!


The lovely Pui San & Hui Wen.


Everybody loves Kwan!


Ghi Waie & Ru Fah, whom I have known since Taylor's!


Yunn Cheng & Matthew, the other couple. Hehe.


Joon Heng & Tracy! Tracy your makeup very nice OK. Matches your dress very much. And DAMN IT Joon, did we forget to take a picture? Or is it in your camera?


Amanda, Edwina & Suisse. All looking wonderful =)


Amrita!


Edwina!


Shelva looking radiant without her neckbrace hehe.


Swen the beautiful.



Delia the best-dressed nominee! Beautiful dress. Delia I honestly think you should have won.


(Most of) the M206 girls.



Yilin is desperate to be a bridesmaid so I let her make believe for once. But I let you in on a little secret la... she's never going to be one. Hahahahhaha. Nevermind Yilin you know I still love you ;)


Ok la I'm getting lazy... the rest are on Facebook!