Saturday, 26 April 2008

Kiss The Rain

It's funny how I love storms and the rain back in Ipoh. I guess it always reminds me of the days when I was still a permanent resident at home. Rainy days would mean lazing on the couch with a good book in hand, a cup of tea on the end table and my poodle curled up nearby, enjoying the coolness of the marble floor against her thick fur. Ah the simpler times. =)

I moan at the sight of dark clouds when I'm in Bukit Jalil. How I despise running in the rain after lectures. How I loathe the rain for ruining so many highly-anticipated activities. How I hate it that my fresh laundry hanging on the balcony is drenched by the time I get home. Stupid rain. It's been a pain for the past few weeks.

But now that I'm back here in Ipoh and it's raining cats and dogs, I LOVE IT. Although it's been years since I last finished a good novel at home, everything else is still familiar. My poodle, now very old, is still faithfully at my feet. There is a cup of hot lemon tea with a dash of mummy's love next to my keyboard to soothe that sore throat. I am home and I love it. Now all that's left for me to do to complete the memory of my childhood rainy days is to bloody stop typing this and perhaps revive my old habit of reading (which, I admit, has been abandoned for quite some time now), because let's face it - free time like this hardly ever comes around anymore.

Repro up next. Apparently it's 2 days of male repro and the rest of the 5 weeks female. Hahaha. No wonder they say we're complicated.