A big shoutout to my dad!!
(though I'm sure he doesn't read my blog... and I'd like to keep it that way)
Ps Tim's sermon last night served as a reminder that I should always count my blessings for having a good relationship with my dad. I was surprised to see that many people around me are estranged from their fathers. Some don't even know who their fathers are. It's heart-breaking, really.
During Friday's LG session Edwina made each of us share one good memory we have of our fathers. I have tonnes, but there is a particular one which has been imprinted in my head that I can remember it crystal clearly although it happened 16 years ago.
My dad brought my aunt, brother and I to climb this hill at the outskirts of Ipoh... at some kampung area... called Kledang Hill. Very easy only wan little kids also can climb so don't be awed by the fact that I was 5 and could climb a hill. =P
After climbing downhill we went to this huuuuuuge playground at the foot of the hill. I was on a swing and my brother (who was about 3?) was somewhere with my aunt. Dad was at the opposite end of the playground... probably cooling down or something. I have no idea what he was doing. Anyway point is that I was on a swing and he was at the other end and bro and aunt were somewhere in the middle.
Then! This herd of cows and bulls came OUT OF NOWHERE behind me. And I swear they were charging towards me OK... and no I don't think I was wearing red. I could clearly remember my aunt picking my brother up and running away and at the same time she looked back to shout "RUN! RUN!". I was so stunned at that moment I couldn't get off the swing. All I could do was cry and scream for my dad. My dad, all the way at the other end, came running towards me, carried me off the swing and we ran off.
LOL.
STUPID COWS LA. Heaven knows what they were running for. Anyway it's a stupid village called MengLEMBU. Stupid. A lot of lembu I suppose.
One of the reasons I remember this incident so well to date is because I am constantly reminded by my family about how silly I was to not have run. HELLO I WAS 5 AND WAS SCARED OKAY. Bloody.
But I'm glad I still hold it close to my heart because it's one of the COUNTLESS times that my dad has been there for me when I needed him most.
So ya.
Happy Father's Day dad. =)
and to all the fathers out there.