Wednesday, 9 July 2008

My Short-Lived Freedom

I'm enjoying life VERY MUCH right now. Selectives are shit boring but there were a few good lectures on Patient Safety which I actually paid full attention to. They managed to bring in Dr Chong Su Lin, CEO of Sunway Medical Centre to give a lecture... and I must say, she was pretty cool. Her charisma, her use of the English language, her knowledge... impressive! I took the liberty to google her (as I do with everyone/everything in this world - I know... I have little life, but not as bad as Michelle & Ho Wai MUAHA) and found that she obtained her MBBS and an MBA from London. MBBS and MBA. Unusual combination. Interesting.

Also enjoyed listening to Prof Victor Lim & Yadav as usual. The rest... aiyo. I was just stoning lah. Oh and did I mention Dr Ranjit is THE BEST? I'm so glad he's in charge of our option. He gives us choices for everything while still conforming to the rules. We are scheduled to go to Hospital Seremban either tomorrow or Friday to observe certain things about patient safety. So naturally we have to be divided into 2 groups - one that would go tomorrow and another on Friday. I was sure he would divide us according to the name list (coz that would be the easiest way) and I would've been pissed because I would be separated from TR, Pei & Ho Wai thanks to my stupid name. But he was cool enough to let us choose, as long as there is a maximum of 22 people per day. So yeah. We're going to Seremban tomorrow. Not that I'm excited but at least it's something DIFFERENT from our boring classes.

Then there's the group presentations on case studies next week. He let us choose our partners to work with! And we were allocated 2 days for presentations but he said we can do it in one. Supposed to start at 8 but he gave us a half an hour extra to sleep in coz we would all turn up at 8:30 anyway. And our presentations must only be done on 3 Powerpoint slides in which the first slide will be the case study question. LOL. He's cool and understanding. Such a good person!

So what have I been doing since I have so much free time?

Watched more movies!

The Red Violin, which I really liked this time around. I think I was too young the first time I watched it.

Watched Persepolis twice. It's an animated film about the autobiography of an Iranian named Marjane Satrapi who saw through the Iranian revolution while growing up. Great movie. Loved the graphics and plot and everything about it.

Pei made me watch The Last of the Mohicans, though she spoilt some parts imitating their conversations since she knows almost the whole movie by heart (including the orchestral soundtrack OKAY). Freak.

Watched the Italian film Life Is Beautiful. Very good movie. Beautiful indeed, but very sad. =(

Hmm I've yet to watch the latest movies in the cinema. Kung Fu Panda (I'm not big on Disney/Pixar films nowadays coz most of them are lame and always disappoint - but since most people said it's good then I'll watch), Hancock (??? Don't know if I should watch...), uh... somemore what. Whatever la. Oh I can't wait for Batman.

OH and I can play the guitar now. Self taught. =) My brother surprisingly allowed me to take his guitar back to KL. How kind. Now I know that beneath his perpetually emo self he is essentially nice.

I can play Dishwalla's Angels or Devils, Howie Day's Collide (the simpler version), Death Cab for Cutie's I'll Follow You Into The Dark, Muse's Unintended, Hillsongs... all the retardedly easy songs la! Haha. Basically any song with the chords C, G, D, E, B, F, Am, Dm, Em. Which are a LOT of songs, actually. Currently in the midst of learning up some Pete Murray songs. I still struggle to play certain chords like Fm and most of the flats and suspensions and blah. You'd think someone like me can easily stretch her long fingers across the frets but apparently I can't. =/

What sparked my sudden interest to learn up the guitar, you ask? Let's just say I was INSPIRED by Merv, Chong Bing and Pei at The Maple the other day. Hahaha. And Pei repeatedly told me "FASTER TAKE YOUR GUITAR BACK! IT'S SO EASY YOU'LL LAUGH!" and laugh I did. It's easy to learn but definitely not easy to master it. Not that I'm planning to. Just play for fun only. At least I can play some music since I don't have my piano here. =(